Bridgeport Village announces $35 million refresh, new stores and restaurants
In May 2005, CenterCal Properties opened the first outdoor lifestyle center in Bridgeport Village, Oregon, which included a collection of exclusive shops and acclaimed restaurants. The outdoor mall has quickly become a multi-generational community gathering place with upscale shopping, popular restaurants, top-notch entertainment and family-friendly events. Now the beloved lifestyle center is undergoing a major refresh that will elevate and modernize the village.
Award-winning 505 Design is the lead design company and Robinson Construction is the general contractor managing the construction. With an investment valued at over $35 million, the refresh will include covered seating, a central village lot surrounded by new landscaping, a community stage, updated facades and new storefronts.
“Creating places and creating comfortable four-season respite areas are essential parts of cooling. The additions of covered heated areas and expansive green spaces for play help achieve these goals,” says Sandra Rollinson, General Manager of CenterCal Properties. “Our outdoor lifestyle center is thriving and we are investing today to ensure Bridgeport Village will continue to do so for years to come.”
“The refresh represents a significant reinvestment reflecting our continued commitment to adding best-in-class retail, restaurants and experiences. We hope that by adding more than a dozen new stores and restaurants this year, we will continue to make memorable and enjoyable visits and purchases in Bridgeport Village for our customers,” shares Erika Plummer, Vice President of Leasing for CenterCal Properties.
New stores and restaurants coming soon
Bridgeport Village prides itself on attracting premier shopping as well as established local and regional stores and restaurants. Below are some highlights of expanding or upcoming stores and restaurants.
- Parachute Reception: Parachute Home manufactures premium home goods (sheets, towels, bathrobes, rugs) to enhance your life. They believe that high quality, smart design and personal comfort shouldn’t cost a fortune – and that above all else – you should start and end your day feeling your best. (summer/fall 2022)
- Johnny was: Johnny Was designs clothes that cross cultures and challenge trends. With a bohemian spirit and a real sense of authenticity, Johnny Was is inspired by all that is beautiful, authentic and special – a striking work of art, the luxurious hand-stitching of a vintage dress or the simplicity naturalness of a vibrant bougainvillea. (Summer 2022)
- Little Cooking Academy: Focused on providing a safe, inspiring and nurturing space for children to identify, develop and refine their senses, the Little Kitchen Academy creates the foundation for a healthy lifespan through responsible food choices. The program focuses on seasonal, locally grown, and organic produce and ingredients, and students enjoy the fruits of their labor for a “scratch-to-eat” experience. Sign up for early bird registration! littlekitchenacademy.com/locations/portland/#!/sign-up. (Summer 2022)
- The Shadow Store: Handcrafted in the USA since 1946, The Shade Store offers custom window treatments made from the finest materials and exclusive designer fabrics. All orders are custom made by skilled artisans and shipped free in 10 days or less. (Summer 2022)
- lululemon: Customers love lululemon’s activewear and lifestyle apparel in Bridgeport Village. So much so that the space is currently being renovated. Customers can purchase lululemon from their temporary location, located next to ME SPA, while they are being renovated.
- Bunk Beerhall & Arcade: The original Bunk Sandwiches opened in magical, hungry Portland in the fall of 2008, with a shout-out to TV’s greatest sleuth of all time, William “Bunk” Moreland on “The Wire.” Praises from national media outlets like The Food Network, Food & Wine Magazine, and Travel + Leisure have made Bunk a favorite for locals as well as a go-to option for visitors. (Open)
- Madison Rose: Madison Reed started with a simple mission: to provide the best, most luxurious hair color made with ingredients you can feel good about. The company is founded on the belief that we all deserve better. Better hair color made with better ingredients and better care not just for our hair, but for our customers and our community. (Open)