New Hampshire hotel damaged by fire had smoke and heat detectors

NORTH CONWAY, NH – The rooms of a New Hampshire hotel that was badly damaged by a fire were equipped with smoke detectors, in addition to a heat detector from the fire alarm system, the provost marshal said Tuesday. Sean Toomey fires.

The main hallways of the Red Jacket Mountain View Resort in North Conway were also equipped with smoke detectors, horns and strobes, Toomey said in a press release.

The damaged wing did not have an automatic sprinkler system, but the hotel was not required to have one under current law. Automatic sprinkler systems in new hotels became a fire code requirement in 1991 for buildings that are not high-rise buildings.

Firefighters did not specify the cause of the fire.

The fire occurred on Saturday. Three people were injured. The investigation is expected to continue in the coming weeks.

Guests could be seen fleeing the hotel, some jumping from upper level balconies to lower levels and then to the ground to escape the flames and smoke, officials said.

The resort is a great family retreat in New Hampshire’s White Mountains and home to Kahuna Laguna, an indoor water park.

” Previous

Following ”


Source link

Sandy A. Greer